NORTHERN SUPPORT SCHOOL
Northern Support School – Asbestos and Demolition
Asbestos Removal – Only the best will do
About The Project
This 1950’s St George’s campus involved a redevelopment and major reworking. The Northern Support School is the only Special School in northern Tasmania and is a government school with an enrolment of 100+ students from Kindergarten to Year 12 with ambulant and non-ambulant disabilities.
The project scope includes but is not limited to:
- Extension to the existing gym;
- New play areas with dedicated junior, passive and senior active play areas for the students continued learning, inclusion and safe guard at play time despite any disability they may have;
- Reconfiguration of vehicle circulation and bus turning areas;
- Improvement of staff and administration office and break out areas;
- Construction of a new pool to provide a comprehensive part of the students learning program and rehabilitation.
Mendelssohn Construction have provided a comprehensive service as part of the development of the scope as above in conjunction with the Principal Contractor. Mendelssohn Construction completed the hand demolition and strip out of all areas internal and external as well as the removal of all asbestos materials.
The completion of the construction of the Northern Support School scheduled for the 2nd quarter of 2017 will equip the Northern Support School Students, Careers and Community new state of the art areas and tools to improve the continued education, support and comfort of the students and staff alike.